Teddy McDonald began his professional art career just over a decade ago. In 2015, Ed Sheeran played the artist's 'Green T' Stratocaster on most nights of his Multiply world tour and he was discovered and commissioned by FIAT heir and art collector Lapo Elkann. Around the same time, GQ editor Dylan Jones OBE requested the loan of the painting, 'Yum Yum' for exhibition at Vogue House, London.
In 2016, McDonald was profiled by GQ magazine as 'The Artist to Watch,' and responded by becoming the first contemporary artist to create a painting with members of the British royal family. In 2017, McDonald's work caught the eye of fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger and Ferrari designer Flavio Manzoni and the artist followed up his royal collaboration by launching a Range Rover Autobiography art car profiled alongside the latest BMW art car in a publication for Art Basal Miami.
The artist's figurative paintings of athletic female forms echo sentiments contained within 'Notes of a Painter'  by Henri Matisse depicting the female body purely by means of its essential lines. More recently and limited to his immediate rural surroundings by the Covid-19 pandemic, McDonald has embraced his life-long connection to nature and the outdoors by painting semi-abstract works of flowers and plants.
Self-represented throughout his career to date, McDonald's work is held in private art collections in the USA, ITALY, UAE and UK and alongside original works by contemporary art masters including Jean-Michel Basquiat, Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein. His work has been acquired by Ferrari S.p.A and commissioned by luxury brands including Rolls-Royce Motor Cars London and Dick Lovett Ferrari. McDonald has also appeared as a guest on Sky News discussing contemporary art and as a commentator for the live broadcast of the royal wedding of HRH Princess Eugenie.
The artist is based in the Cotswolds, UK. He does not use Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
Selected TimelineExhibitions, Events and Milestones
- Currently in the planning stage
- Solo Exhibition, Online Viewing Room, 'Strong is Beautiful'
All events cancelled due to Covid-19 including,
- Group Exhibit, Museum of Zoology, Cambridge University
- British motorsport project
- Sky News guest commentator for Royal Wedding of Princess Eugenie
- Sky News studio providing commentary on contemporary art feature
- Commissioned by the Royal Agricultural University
- Launch of Range Rover Art Car
- Commissioned by Rolls-Royce Motor Cars London
- Ed Sheeran headlines Glastonbury Festival with 'Crash x Teddy M' Stratocaster
- GQ magazine profile, 'The Artist to Watch'
- Ed Sheeran plays 'Crash x Teddy M' Stratocaster on Divide world tour
- Collaborative painting with members of British royal family
- GQ.co.uk exclusive for 'Royal Love'
- People magazine US exclusive for 'Royal Love'
- Masterpiece London, exhibition of 'Royal Love'
- Solo Exhibition, Chelsea Harbour Hotel, London
- GQ magazine full page feature 'Crash x Teddy M' Stratocaster
- Ed Sheeran debuts 'Crash x Teddy M' Stratocaster at Wembley Stadium
- Ed Sheeran plays 'Green T' Stratocaster on Multiply world tour
- Solo Exhibition, Chelsea, New York City
- Commissioned by official Ferrari dealer, Dick Lovett UK
- 'Yum Yum' exhibited by GQ at Vogue House, London
- Solo Exhibition, Dick Lovett Ferrari, UK
- Mixed Media Portrait of 'Eric Clapton' approved for sale by Eric Clapton
- Charlotte Casiraghi threatens legal action over Mixed Media Portrait
In Press & MediaMcDonald has been featured by
Sky News | People | British GQ | Entertainment News | Tatler | Blouin Art Info | & more